Applicants for initial teacher training in England have to pass QTS Skills Tests in literacy and numeracy. With only three attempts at each test before you are “frozen” from ITT for two years, this can be a stressful experience! As a tutor with Qualified Teacher Status myself, I have helped over 50 students pass QTS Numeracy and want to link to some advice and resources I have produced for candidates. If you are seeking some assistance to prepare for the test, either in person or online, please contact me.
- Comparison of books for QTS Numeracy: a selection of books I’ve used with students, and warnings of which are worth avoiding!
- Top Ten Tips to pass QTS Numeracy: based on the strategies I’ve seen students use which proved most successful.
- What’s the pass mark for QTS Numeracy?: a simple question with a surprisingly complex answer, this post also breaks down how well you need to do in the mental arithmetic section compared to the written arithmetic and data questions.
- Online resources for QTS Numeracy: some extra tools you can use online to help you prepare, to supplement the four practice tests available online.
- My free worksheets for QTS Numeracy: some extra worksheets I have prepared for my students and which I’ve made available for anyone preparing for their test.
I would strongly recommend Mike to anyone who is going to take their numeracy QTS skills test. I have learnt so much and now have a better understanding of questions that may be asked. I was on my final remaining attempt for the numeracy skills test and through the tuition sessions via Skype I was able to learn within the comfort of my own home. Thanks to Mike I passed and am now going to start my PGCE.
— PGCE student tutored online for QTS Numeracy Test
See more testimonials or get in touch to arrange help with your QTS Numeracy, by telephone on 07838 793633 (9 am to 9 pm) or the contact form below.