- Quantitative methods and statistics for degrees in economics, business, social sciences, medicine etc. I regularly tutor data analysis and financial maths courses for MBA and econometrics for undergraduate economics.
- A-level Maths: I have taught all major boards (EdExcel, OCR, MEI and AQA), plus FSMQ, Further Maths and STEP preparation. All modules covered, including applied modules S1-S6, M1-M5, D1-D2 and further pure FP1-FP4.
- Numeracy test preparation: QTS skills tests for teacher training, UKCAT for medical school, GRE and GMAT for grad school admission, and psychometric numerical reasoning (SHL, Kenexa) for graduate jobs.
- Maths, statistics and science to GCSE, including International GCSE.
- As a consultant, I perform data analysis for commercial, academic and social projects, for instance evaluating whether there is statistical evidence that an employer’s training scheme or a community group’s social intervention has been successful, or assisting with the calculations for a meta-analysis of prior studies. I’ve worked with clients on hypothesis testing, modelling, and data visualization, including the production of publication-quality graphs.
- Training for analytics software including Excel, SPSS, Minitab and R.
I hold a BA (Hons) degree from the University of Cambridge, Diplomas in Statistics and Natural Science from the Open University, and a distinction in the Graduate Diploma of the Royal Statistical Society. I completed a PGCE in 11-18 Mathematics and have worked as a tutor, teacher and college lecturer. I enjoy providing support to learners of all ages and abilities.
I regularly work with students from leading UK universities and business schools, including Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Imperial, Durham, Nottingham, Warwick, Essex, Cass Business Schools, Barts Medical School and many others. I also have experience preparing many overseas students for the exams of the University of London International Programme, U.S. universities (e.g. UC Denver and Syracuse) as well as universities from Europe and Australia.
Michael is a wonderful tutor. He has an uncanny ability to break down complex subjects into simple, easy to learn terms. This was immensely helpful as I pursued my graduate degree. I highly recommend him.
— Master of Public Administration student, tutored for data analysis and finance
See more testimonials or get in touch to arrange help with your QTS Numeracy, by telephone on 07838 793633 (9 am to 9 pm) or the contact form below.